One of my all-time favorite books is See Yourself as God Sees You, by Josh McDowell. Whether you call The Creator of our Universe God, The Higher Power, Yahweh, or even if you have difficulty believing the existence of God, as Josh McDowell did, understanding how our Creator views, cherishes, and loves us is encouraging to the deepest depth of our souls!
We may not have heard a healthy amount of positive input and/or feedback as we grew up. Possibly, the tapes we allow to play in our minds may reflect that impact. The good news is that the vast majority of us can decide, on a daily basis, what we think of ourselves. We can reject the false thoughts as we embrace and celebrate the amazement of our created beings. In order to take captive of our self-perspective, we need to continuously reflect on how fearfully and wonderfully we are made.
Imagine how different our lives would be if we listed and played the following tapes every morning (maybe even recorded and played):
- Ten things that make you special
- Fifteen personal achievements and successes – even if it’s learning how to read
- Fifteen things that you are good at or can do well – even if it’s styling your hair
- Five exceptional qualities or unique things about you
- At least one attractive physical feature – such as beautiful eyes or hands (Paradigms Ltd.)
Let’s frequently remind ourselves and see ourselves as we have been created!
© 2012, Cresenda Jones. All rights reserved.