According to Mercola.com, more people are dying from drugs than vehicle car accidents. Meledy Petersen, the author of Our Daily Meds, states how, “Tens of thousands of people are dying every year from drugs they took just as the doctor directed. This shows you how dangerous medications are.”
Most drug advertisements and commercials state so many side effects that make people question the legitimacy of the medication being sold on our market. Why would anyone want to take these drugs that could possibly lead to fatigue, headaches, vomiting, bleeding, or even death? Why would doctors authorize their patients to take these risky drugs in the first place?
Well, for one, Americans have started to place more faith in the doctors rather than the natural cures blessed to us by the earth and for two, the medical field and pharmaceuticals need us to buy prescribed drugs in order to keep money in their pockets. We could go deeper into the latter issue, but if you are educated on natural remedies and healthy choices then you wouldn’t need to take a trip to the doctor’s office. America is the only country without a universal health care coverage; that gives all more of a reason to use an alternative cure for minor ailments.
Natural remedies or what some like to call herbal medicine, has dated back to the Egyptians in 2000 B.C. One can even discover a lot of remedies mentioned in the Holy Bible, revealing how people have been using fruits, veggies, plants and herbs for centuries. Many countries like India and China still use these alternative medicine or Herbology methods:
Ginger: which treats mild digestive problems, nausea, motion sickness, aches and pains from chemotherapy treatment, and acts as an anti-inflammatory. It also eases the symptoms of arthritis and other joint conditions.
Peppermint: treats stomach upsets, bowel spasms, nausea; smooths muscles, increases circulation and relieves joint pain.
Echinacea: is an immune system booster, which increases the activity of other vital antibodies. It prevents strep and staph infections (colds) before they even begin and can slow a tumor rate of growth.
Green Tea: prevents premature aging, blocks molecules that cause lung cancer, controls dental plaque and regulates high blood sugar.
Licorice: is great for respiratory problems, mucous drainage and excessive coughing. It increases energy levels, treats Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, regulates women’s menstrual cycle and externally aids in healing psoriasis and eczema.
All of the natural herbs stated above are just a few that can be used in substitution of pharmaceutical medications. Why spend so much money on store-bought Neosporin when you could grow your own antiseptic aloe vera plant that helps heal cuts and bruises just as well?
It’s time for us to wake up people and embrace the natural supplements given to us by our wonderful planet. So many fruits and herbs can help us stay on the right healthy track, but mercola.com lists healthy habits that can also refrain us from going to the doctor all together:
- Choosing Healthy Foods: unprocessed or organic foods (vegetables, meats, raw dairy, nuts, and so forth) to help you stay healthy on the inside.
- Exercising: improving your strength, energy and physical health will lead to a long life.
- Limiting Stress: prayer and meditation reduces stress that can affect the body mentally, physically, and emotionally. Stress can kill so keep it at a minimum as much as possible.
- Obtaining Proper Sun Exposure: the sun contains lots of Vitamin D so a proper amount of exposure will give you a more sufficient outcome than oral supplements.
- Staying Clear of Chemicals, Toxins, and Pollutants: breathing toxins can cause: allergies, fatigue, depression, headaches, skin rashes, respiratory problems, birth defects, cancer, etc. Certain hygiene products, air fresheners, bug sprays, lawn pesticides, household cleaners, etc. can cause these health problems and should be avoided.
Incorporating these habits into your everyday living will help you stay clear from the doctor’s office. However, when all else fails, do your research and put your faith in natural herbal remedies to help save some money and traveling time. You’ll thank yourself later.