What if you could become more connected with your own experiences? You would enjoy life more, feel happier and more content, and have more control over your life. By living consciously, you can get your life back! Make a decision now to live on purpose.
What Does it Mean to Live on Purpose?
Living on purpose involves regaining control over your life. Rather than doing something automatically and with no real thought, you’ll ponder what you want to do and how you want to do it.
Living on purpose means you get to see the people you wish to see and take part in the activities you prefer. When you live on purpose, you consider what you want to eat and how you want to spend your hour of free time. You discover true freedom of choice.
Change Your Daily Routines
You can see how living on purpose ensures you’ll have a more fulfilling life. When you check back into your own psyche, you’re in the driver’s seat. Sure, you still must arise in the morning, attend work, return home, and eat, but you give yourself more options to choose from in how you go about your daily life.
When you live on purpose, you can vary your daily routines or do something that makes them a little more interesting:
- Maybe you can get up 15 minutes earlier a few times a week to do that exercise DVD you’ve been wanting to try out.
- Tired of eating cold cereal every day? Mix up your routine by having a piece of fresh fruit and some hot oatmeal or something other breakfast food.
- Refresh your evenings by taking a walk after dinner, having a stimulating conversation with your significant other about something funny from the day, or playing with your kids or pets.
Increase Performance and Productivity at Work
When arrive at work, talk to your boss about that project you’ve really wanted to do. You’ll rekindle your interests and experience the satisfaction that comes with consciously working on your desired projects.
As you complete your routine tasks, concentrate on what you’re doing. Are you doing your best? Have you considered more efficient and effective methods for the tasks or projects at your job? The more you notice what you’re doing, the more you can strive to excel at the job. Living on purpose at work can help you win promotions.
Add New Adventures and Hobbies to Your Life
At home in the evening, ponder what you truly want to do. Maybe you want to hang out with the guys in your neighbor’s garage for an hour. Maybe you really want to take up scrapbooking again.
Thinking on purpose enables you to discover that you have the control in your life to do whatever it is that brings you joy, pleasure and contentment.
Putting It All Together
To live on purpose is to cease wasting time doing activities that you don’t find interesting. When you make a personal vow to live on purpose, you’re opening the door to a new, more joyous existence.
- What do you truly seek?
- With whom do you choose to spend time?
- How can you spend leisure time in ways that recharge you and bring special joy?
- How can you become more psychologically engaged in your work to increase your performance?
- Are you taking care of your physical self the way you want and obtaining the results you desire?
Your answers to these questions will lead you down the path of purpose living.
Go ahead and take the first step in your journey toward reclaiming your life today. Say to yourself: “I will live on purpose every moment of this day.” Repeat it tomorrow and every day after and embrace the joys of creating the life you desire.