Just about everyone hopes, at one time or another, for the chance to add success and accomplishment to their lives. Sought-after opportunities are individual pursuits of dreams for personal achievement. Unfortunately, not everyone is always fortunate enough to fully accomplish their dreams. In some instances, individuals make critical mistakes or do not know how to begin to pursue their dreams.
Opportunities in life are not dispensed to everyone equally or at the same time. What makes the difference in accomplishing dreams are the opportunities one seizes in life through a combination of exercising personal choices in the face of personal circumstances. Personal choices should be made armed with the best information and advice available at the crucial time of decision making. Freedom and the ability to make personal choices are opportunities never to be taken for granted or unappreciated.
Time, circumstances and change affect us all. There is much you have no control over in life, but there are some things you do control. Circumstances you do have control over can be leveraged to invite the opportunities you wish to experience in your life.
Human needs and passion drive the human ego to secure opportunities for success. Success means different things to different people. Sought-after opportunities can change with time, new thinking, new circumstances and altered life experiences. Opportunities sought after and accomplished today generally become rites de passage to attracting opportunities for future success.
The key component to unlocking doors of opportunity to success is preparedness. It is easy to speak to hopeful dreams and possibilities, but it is more difficult to prepare for the opportunities that can unlock the doors to the dreams and possibilities you seek. As the biblical saying goes, “Faith without works is dead.”
Successful athletes in any sport combine innate talent with exercise and practice for the opportunity to play to win every game in their respective sports. Opportunities tend to surface in your life at particular times, places and points; if you have been diligent, you should be prepared to apply yourself for their potential rewards in your life.
Though they are by no means conclusive, here are six considerations necessary for attracting opportunities for success into your life:
1. Foresight is needed to picture your future self in order to successfully plan and set goals for opportunities to your success.
2. Obtain subject knowledge and skill as an apprentice, learning through education or some combination of both. Many individuals achieve phenomenal success with innate abilities coupled with work experience and study.
3. Personal confidence stems from personal clarity and knowledge of self. The better you know yourself, the better you will be prepared to align yourself with compatible relationships and opportunities for success. Guard against becoming over confident in ability and judgment beyond your personal abilities and expertise.
4. A personal network of trusted colleagues and friends can give you wise counsel for pursuing opportunities for success. Good advice, when recognized, is indispensable. No one has become successful in life by themselves. Many individuals can be credited with blazing trails of opportunity for the success of others.
5. Passion, motivation, determination and resolve are needed to avoid procrastination, to overcome setbacks and to strengthen you in times when doubt obscures your opportunities with fear. There will be times you will make mistakes and fail, but with resolve and determination, there will also be opportunities you acted upon littered with your success.
6. A positive winning attitude is the crown jewel for attracting any opportunity and accomplishing personal success. Treasure a positive attitude for winning with others and winning in life.
Through virtue of our births, we each have opportunities regardless of our circumstances. Hopefully, your life will be filled with opportunities for success. Seize upon them to make the world, in some respect, a better place for yourself and for others.
© 2012 – 2013, H. James Williams. All rights reserved.